Funded ResearchContributing to The Art and Science of Pediatric Dentistry
Funded Research includes:
· Molecular analysis of the biofilm in caries and health, NIH RO-1, $1,848,601 direct costs, 2004-2009, Principal Investigator, Ann Griffen
· Molecular & Population Genetics of Periodontal Pathogens, NIH RO-1, $1,500,000, 2007-2012, Principal Investigator, Gene Leys, Co-Principal Investigator, Ann Griffen
· Northwest Center to Reduce Oral Health Disparities, NIDCR/NIH, Funded at $52,847, Principal Investigator: Raul Garcia, Boston University, Site Investigator: Paul S. Casamassimo, DDS, MS
· The role of early childhood caries in parental stress, Nationwide Children's Hospital Research Foundation, $3535, Principal Investigator: Sarat Thikkurissy, Paul Casamassimo, Co-Principal Investigator.
· Prenatal Oral Health Program, March of Dimes, $6386, Homa Amini, Principal Investigator, 2009
· Minority Health Month, Delta Dental Foundation, $5000, Homa Amini, Principal Investigator, 2009
· The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Familial Burden Associated with Dental Rehabilitation under General Anesthesia, PI: Sarat Thikkurissy: $4000, 2009
· The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Treatment of Early Childhood Caries and Parental Stress, PI: Sarat Thikkurissy: $2000, 2009
· Ohio Dental Association (ODA): The Bricks and Mortar of the Dental Home: Fundamentals of the Early Childhood Exam, PI: Thikkurissy $1,000, 2009
· Pfizer Pharmaceuticals: Benzocaine Gel Toothache Pain Dose-Response Study, PIs: Paul Casamassimo and Sarat Thikkurissy $65,000, 2009-10.